ABC advocates on behalf of residents and the neighbourhood whenever a coordinated response to a municipal issue is required. We are committed to enhancing the quality of life in our neighbourhood for present and future residents.
The ABCRA volunteer board monitors City committee meeting agendas to identify issues that impact our neighbourhood. We review and analyze development applications and city policies, and advocate through letter-writing, reports, deputations, meeting with city officials and developers, conducting studies and surveys and keep residents informed of issues, whether local or city-wide, that can affect the livability of the ABC area.
We are active members of The Federation of North Toronto Residents’ Associations. An ABCRA board member sits on the FoNTRA steering committee and contributes to their many position papers on City and Provincial policy issues affecting our community and the City.
Letters and reports have been arranged from most recent to oldest.
Recent letters and reports
Letters and reports
Letters and reports in this section generally pertain to issues that are either settled or no longer current. They are included here as downloadable PDFs to provide a background to current issues and a history of advocacy in both the ABCRA area and in the City of Toronto.
- 2023-01-03 ABCRA Letter re: ActiveTO Midtown Complete Street
- 2022-03-25 ABCRA Letter IC28.7 ActiveTO Network Project Updates
- 2022-01-11 ABCRA Letter to Planning and Housing Committee re: Laneway Suites PH30.2
- 2021-12-07 FoNTRA Garden Suites Letter
- 2021-11-24 ABCRA Letter Laneway Suites Zoning By-law Amendments, Letter to Planning & Housing Committee
- 2021-04-21 ABCRA Letter re: PH 22.7 Update on Committee of Adjustment Virtual Public Hearings
- 2020-12-07 Letter to Councillor Layton – re: Garden Suites Review
- 2020-12-07 FoNTRA letter re: PHC 19.4 Garden Suites
- 2019-06-28 ABCRA Laneway Housing Submission to Planning and Housing Committee
- 2018-06-05 ABCRA letter to TEYCC re: TE33.3a Changing Lanes: The City of Toronto’s Review of LanewaySuites
- 2018-05-23 ABCRA letter OPA Second Units and Laneway Suites
- 2018-04-04 ABCRA letter to Planning & Growth re: PG28.1 Second Units: Draft Official Plan Amendment
- 2017-11-26 ABCRA Letter to Mayor & Council re: PW24.4 Improving Accountability in the Utility Cut Process
- 2017-10-15 ABCRA to TEYCC re: Pedestrian Safety TE27.48 – Corridor Safety Review – Avenue Road
- 2017-04-12 ABCRA Letter to Planners re: TOcore and Bloor-Yorkville/North Midtown: Planning Framework
- 2017-06-08 ABCRA to TEYCC re: Laneway Suites TE25.108
- 2016-06-13 ABCRA Letter to PGMC re:13.5 Amendments to the Sign By-Law- Regulations concerning signs in visibility zones
- 2015-06-09 ABCRA letter PE8.5 – Revisions to the Tree By-laws Item for Consideration by Toronto City Council