The ABC Resident’s Association and Yorkville BIA sponsored study to develop a Planning Framework for the Bloor-Yorkville/North Midtown Area which is now complete. The Framework and Implementation Strategy provides comprehensive policy guidance for the basis for a Secondary Plan and Implementing zoning regulations. It is a long term vision for the future development of the area and presents strategies and policies to:
- guide development in distinct character areas and ensure heritage is retained
- improve the public realm and pedestrian experience
- protect and enhance the area as a desirable place to live, play, work, shop, visit and invest.
It has been turned over to Councillor Wong Tam and the City of Toronto Planning Department requesting that the City move expeditiously to develop a Secondary Plan and Implementing Zoning Bylaw that will give us the long overdue statutory planning rules for the Bloor-Yorkville/NorthMidtown Area.
For a quick overview of the study review this Presentation
The Report is divided into two parts
Part 1 : BACKGROUND AND EMERGING DIRECTIONS
The BACKGROUND AND EMERGING DIRECTIONS REPORT summarizes;
- the history of the Bloor-Yorkville/North Midtown Area
- information about the current planning policies
- incorporates key issues and opportunities that were discussed during the stakeholder consultation process.
Part 2 : Policy Approach
Read chapters that may interest you by clicking on the chapter links below.