The City of Toronto is updating regulations relating to sidewalk cafes and marketing displays. Many of these regulations have not been reviewed since pre-amalgamation. Part of the review includes looking at permit fees; the design for sidewalk cafés and marketing displays; and the space required for walking and movement for persons with disabilities.
Two meetings are being held in June to obtain feedback from stakeholders, including businesses and residents. Details of these meetings are within the attached notice.
Information that will be presented at these meetings builds upon two recent "framework" reports:
1. Framework and Consultation Plan for a Harmonized Sidewalk Café and Marketing By-law; and
2. A Framework for the Sidewalk Café Design Manual
Anyone interested in these issues is encouraged to participate. If you are unable to attend the meetings, other ways to participate include:
- Watch the Live Stream (the meeting on June 13 will be Live Streamed on the City's Get Involved YouTube channel)
- Provide written comments (written comments can be submitted directly to me by reply e-mail)
- Speak with City staff (my phone number is below, for anyone that would like to speak directly with staff working on this project)
Senior Policy & Research Officer
Municipal Licensing & Standards
City of Toronto
City Hall, 16th Floor, West Tower
100 Queen Street West
Toronto, ON M5H 2N2