Urgent call to action! We just heard that Cabinet is meeting tomorrow (Wednesday April 5) to make some final decisions on the Greenbelt and Growth Plans. The two plans work together to preserve farmland, clean water supplies and natural areas, while directing urban growth away from sensitive areas and towards locations that can support it.
Unfortunately, the powerful development industry is lobbying hard to water down the plans so they can continue to build inefficient and costly housing on farmland. This would be a terrible outcome for our communities, our agricultural sector, our beautiful natural landscapes, and our efforts to tackle climate change. We cannot let them succeed - and we need your help!
Please take 10 minutes to call the Premier's office at 416-325-1941.
Can Premier Wynne before Wednesday and let her know she has your support to:
(1) Protect the Greenbelt’s boundaries from attempts to shrink it
(2) Grow the Greenbelt to include at-risk water sources across the Greater Golden Horseshoe
(3) Stand firm against developer pressure and maintain the proposed Growth Plan targets for density and intensification. Only this will put the province on track to creating complete, affordable, transit served communities that Ontarians want
If you have time before Wednesday, please also contact:
- The Honourable Bill Mauro, Minister of Municipal Affairs: 416-585-7000, Minister.MAH@ontario.ca
- Your local MPP: Click here to find your MPP's contact information.
Thank you for your support,
The #GrowOurGB Coalition
Members: Ontario Greenbelt Alliance, Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation, Environmental Defence, Ontario Nature, Toronto Environmental Alliance, EcoSpark, Earthroots, Save the Oak Ridges Moraine, Simcoe County Greenbelt Coalition, Aware Simcoe, Midhurst Ratepayers Association, Wellington Water Watchers, Smart Growth Waterloo Region, Grand River Environmental Network, Sustainable Brant, Sustainable Cobourg, Sierra Club Ontario, Environment Hamilton, and more. Full list at www.growourgreenbelt.ca
Grow Our Greenbelt · ON, Canada