CBC News hosted a live event Wednesday asking: Is politics broken?
CBC chief correspondent Peter Mansbridge moderated the event at the Canadian Broadcasting Centre in Toronto.
On stage, two teams debated this statement: "The political process is no longer the most effective way to enact real change."
- Sheila Copps, former Liberal MP and author.
- Andrew Coyne, editorials and comment editor at the National Post, and a columnist for Postmedia News.
- Alison Loat, an author, university instructor, and co-founder of Samara.
- Dave Meslin, a writer, community organizer and trainer.
- isha Moodie-Mills, an American progressive strategist, policy analyst, and social entrepreneur.
- Monte Solberg, a former Conservative MP, and a columnist and adviser.